A/ DUPLICATE SUBMISSION, PERMISSION AND RESPONSIBILITY
Manuscripts are considered with the understanding that they are not under consideration by another publication or another submission. Authors must obtain written permission from the copyright owners and written permission (reproduction in both print and electronic formats) upon manuscript submission from both the author and publisher of the original source when material is reproduced from other sources. Upon acceptance of an article, authors will be asked to complete a « Journal Publishing Agreement ». Permission of the Publisher is required for distribution or resale outside the institution and for all other derivative works, including compilations and translations. Authors accepts full responsibility for the work and/or the conduct of the study. Proofreading is solely your responsibility.Statements in articles, including editorial modification to bring them into conformity with the style of the journal, are not the responsibility of the editors or the publishers. The editing committee reserves the right to publish a comment in the form of a separate article called "Comment"
B/ CONFLICT OF INTEREST
All authors must disclose any financial or conflict of interest they may have with other organizations or people that could inappropriately influence their work. If there are no conflicts of interest then please state this: 'Conflicts of interest: none'.
All authors should have participated sufficiently in the work. Original articles should have no more than 6 authors. Multicenter studies are not limited by this rule. To request a change (addition, removal or rearrangement.), the Editor must receive the following from the corresponding author: written confirmation from all authors that they agree with this change and the reason for the change in author list
D/ TYPES OF ARTICLES
JOS publishes the following types of articles in addition to standard research manuscripts:
SURGEON AT WORK / HOW I DO IT / SURGICAL TECHNIQUES
VIDEO IN OBESITY SURGERY
IMAGES IN OBESITY SURGERY
LETTERS TO THE EDITOR/ CORRESPONDENCE
E/ MANUSCRIPT TERMINOLOGY
Weight loss must be expressed as change in BMI, AS WELL AS % Excess Weight Loss (%EWL), with the calculation of ideal body weight as that equivalent to a BMI of 25 kg/m2 and/or % Excess BMI Lost (%EBMIL) with excess BMI > 25 kg/m2 AS WELL AS % total weight loss(%TWL).
Molecules must appear in the irinternational common denominator (ICD). The commercial name should be given followed by ®.
F/ EDITORIAL PROCESS
The manuscript should follow the general instructions on style. Make sure that all of the items below are available when you submit. Do not include any author information within the manuscript. Manuscripts with incorrect format will be returned unreviewed for modifications.
1/ THE TEXT
- 12-point type.
- Preparation of Paper in Two Column Format.
- Times New Roman.
- Double-space the text.
- Set page borders at one inch.
- Continuous page numbering (Bottom right).
2/ THE TITLE
- Submitted separately from the blinded text of the manuscript.
- Concise (max 100 letters).
- Included the names, degrees and affiliations of all authors.
- Corresponding author (e-mail address and that contact details).
- Included key words (max 6 keywords) : used for indexing purposes.
- Manuscript type.
- Shortened title (max 50 letters).
- Should be a maximum of 300 words.
- Structured with the following headings: (1) Background, (2) Objectives, (3) Materials and Methods, (4) Results, and (5) Conclusions.
- Concise bullet points that convey the core findings.
- Should be a maximum of 5 concise bullet points.
- Accompanied by a cover letter
- Original articles should include the following chapters: Background, Materials and Methods, Results, Discussion, Conclusion and References.
- The last paragraph in Background chapter must present the objective of your work
- The meaning of the abbreviations must be specified.
- The Conclusion should be short (max 120 words).
- Figure Legends
- Authors require written permission of individuals who provided help during the research
- At the end of the article before the references
- Should be supplied as separate files and one figure/table per page.
- Any figure or image should be supplied in the following formats : .jpg, pdf, .tif or .eps
- Must be numbered in order as they first appear in the text.
- Each figure/table must be accompanied by an title.
- Figures/Tables must be numbered in brackets (figure 1, table 1).
- Number all figures/tables using Arabic numerals.
- Must clearly convey their message.
- No identifying information about patient.
- Publisher and/or patient permissions.
- The meaning of the abbreviations must be specified.
- Ensure that each illustration has a concise legends.
- Must be of high quality.
- Resolution: 300 DPI minimum for photographs and 500 DPI minimum for graphs or schemas.
- Please submit tables as editable text and not as images.
- Tables must be typed double spaced.
8/ VIDEO/ELECTRONIC SUPPLEMENTARY MATERIAL
- Any Video or multimedia should be supplied in the following formats : .MP4 . MOV .MPG .MOV .AVI .GIF
- Supplementary videos not to exceed 700 MB insize.
- Minimum length of videos is 4 minutes.
- Maximum length of videos is 8 minutes.
- A sound track in English is highly recommended.
- Include links to video within the body of the article.
- Electronic Supplementary material can enhance your scientific research.
9 / REQUIRED FOR REVISIONS ONLY
- Point-by-Point Reply to Reviewer Comments.
- One copy of annotated, revised text.
- One copy of clean and revised text.
- Use Pubmed ®/Medline ® Style.
- Reference cited in the reference list text is present in the text.
- Reference cited in the text is also present in the reference list.
- Indicate references by superscript Arabic number in line with the text.
- Every references must be numbered consecutively in the order in which they are first cited in the text.
- Once a reference is cited, all subsequent citations should be to the original number.
- Citation of a reference as « in press » implies that the item has been accepted for publication.
- Citation of a reference as « unpublished results and personal communications » implies that the item has not been accepted for publication.
- Data provided in the references must be correct: authors are responsible for the correct text citation of their references.
- Any authors beyond six will be replaced by et al . : only list the first 3 followed by "et al."
- For journal articles: Surname and initials of author(s), then Title of article. Abbreviated name of Journal, year; volume(number): first and last pages.
- For Books or chapters in books: Surname and initials of author(s), title and subtitle, edition. City, surname and initials of editor, year, and pages.
|Surgeon at Work||3||None||1500||4||15|
|Letter to Edidor||3||None||500||0||3|
Please send your manuscript to firstname.lastname@example.org In the following form :
- Word 1 : cover lettre
- Word 2 : title + names, degrees and affiliations of all authors. key words corresponding author (e-mail address and that contact details). manuscript type. shortened title and conflict of interest
- Word 3 : abstract (page 1) + highlights (page 2) + manuscripts (page 3, do not include any author information) + references + figure/table legends
- Word 4 : table 1
- Word 5 : table 2
- File 6 : figure 1
- File 7 : figure 2